As the thoughtbot San Francisco studio continues to grow and take on exciting new client work, it has become increasingly evident that we need a talented Marketing Manager to join us and support the team!
thoughtbot is a global product design and development consultancy with local presence (at the time of writing - 6 local studios to be exact). As a Marketing Manager, you will enjoy support and mentorship from the VP of Marketing in Boston while leading and executing local marketing activities to meet the unique needs of the San Francisco team.
A few of the core areas you will support include:
- Community building and events - identify opportunities for us to participate in (or host!) events that connect us with clients, potential clients, fellow product leaders, as well as give back to the community.
- Writing and communications - help thoughtbot SF share their story and offering to the market through blog posts, case studies, social media, and other media.
- Business development - help ensure a healthy pipeline of prospective clients by identifying and building great relationships with folks who match our ideal personas.
We value work life balance and working at a sustainable pace. There are many marketing opportunities for you to work on in this role that will fall outside the regular 9-5, such as meetups and evening events. When those occur, you’ll adjust your hours so that you are still working at a sustainable, 40 hour per week pace.
- Self-motivated and continuous learner
- Have relevant marketing or sales experience
- Enjoy attending meetups and networking
- Are organized and experienced with project management
- Consider yourself a strong communicator and storyteller
- Understand basic marketing and sales analytics
- Eager to grow professionally through mentorship and doing
- Are passionate about great products and how they can improve our lives
It would be great if you have any prior experience:
- Working alongside engineering teams
- Crafting content and managing distribution
Our goal is to provide ourselves with the best possible benefits, tools to use, and environments to work in while staying sustainable. We've shared the full details of all our benefits here.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary, paid time off, 401k with matching, and health insurance.
We pay 100% of expenses when you speak at conferences and 50% of the cost for attendees. We also pay 50% of all expenses for job-related training.
We work a sustainable pace of 40 hours/week. We have five weeks of vacation time per year, in addition to company holidays and sick days. For new parents, we also have at least 6 weeks paid leave in all locations, as well as the ability to take at least 6 months off.
HEALTHCARE + FINANCIAL
For full-time U.S. employees, we provide competetive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, and a comprehensive 401k plan with matching.